Open enrollment for RMHP Individual and Family plans begins October 1, 2013 through March 31, 2014.
Individual health benefit plans purchased directly from RMHP on or before December 31, 2013 will be effective January 1, 2014.
Individual health benefit plans purchased through Connect for Health Colorado on or before December 23, 2013 will be effective January 1, 2014. Individual health benefit plans purchased December 24 through December 31 will have an effective date of February 1, 2014.
Beginning January 1, 2014, coverage purchased between the first and fifteenth day of the month during this initial open enrollment period shall become effective the first day of the following month. Coverage purchased between the 16th and the last day of the month shall become effective no later than the first day of the second following month.
Child-only coverage will be offered to all children to age 21. Coverage will be provided on a guaranteed issue basis. There are no limitations or riders based on health status.
If you want to enroll, outside of the open enrollment period, it will only be permitted for these qualifying events:
- Dissolution of marriage
- Loss of employer-sponsored insurance
- Loss of eligibility for Medicaid or the Children's Basic Health Plan
- A valid court or administrative order mandating the child be covered, or involuntary loss of existing coverage. This does not include loss due to fraud, misrepresentation or failure to pay premium.
Other qualifying events include:
- Becoming eligible for tax credits and cost sharing. These opportunities are available through Connect for Health Colorado.
- Enrollment or disenrollment resulting from an error. The error must have been made by a Carrier, Producer or Connect for Health Colorado.
- Gaining access to other creditable coverage as a result of a permanent change in residence.
- Demonstrating to the Colorado Insurance Commissioner that the health plan violated part of its contract.
Applications for enrollment must be received within 60 days of the event.
You can contact us or your insurance advisor for assistance. Our qualified service team can help you enroll through Connect for Health Colorado. Call us today at 800-453-2981–Option 4.